Friday, December 25, 2009

Introducing Private Dylan

Last week I went down to San Diego to watch Dylan graduate from USMC boot camp.

While waiting for Dylan to grab some stuff from his barracks I got a chance to watch the drill instructors shape some of the newer recruits. Let me tell you one thing I know for sure, a recruit should never walk out side with out a cover (hat) on or he will get yelled at.

The family is quite proud of Dylan for making it through.


Dylan’s next stop is a month of infantry training then he is off to a 13 week aviation maintenance school. Congratulations to Dylan for all his hard work.



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you son! Even though I grew up in the Army, I think the Marine uniforms are the sharpest looking ones around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and thank you to Dylan for stepping up. Thank you to you sir for supporting him.
    As a retired Coast Guardsman I appreciate your son's willingness to do his part. The USCG and the USMC have always had a special relationship between them. It started in WWII and continues today.
    BTW the entire nation should be proud of Dylan and all of his comrades.
    peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Griff for your great feedback. Dylan read your post before John or I did. He doesn't say much, but I know it means a lot to here positive words, especially from someone that has served.
    I am both proud and scared to have my son serving. I hope that 2010 can bring peace to all nations. Lofty thoughts, but I can hope!

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment or two